Saturday, October 21, 2006

Passion In Life

Unlocking my passion in life seems to be a harder question to answer than I would have ever thought.

I'm currently 1 of 12 at work enrolled in a work mentoring program (at the guidance of my Director), working with a mentoring consultant - to unlock what drives me and how to best channel my strengths to grow the company.
One's strengths is a vehicle, but passion is the fuel.
Finding the passion will only set the stage of the journey I will take.

I have just completed my 2nd session with H (mentoring consultant) - I am starting to see what these sessions are about -
Truth be told - in my first session, on the surface I was curious but it is my nature that deep down I was a cynic. Session 1 was about who I am, the way H sees it - personal goals comes first and then professional goals - ultimately for your professional life to excel, these two goal posts need to be aligned. Bleck... it was ho hum, airy fairy blah blah.

Only after Session 2, I can totally see where we are heading and how effective this was going to be. As the session continues with H, we are going to tap into finding what really drives me to do what I do. His observation - my capabilities or professionalism isn't the issue for me to do a good job of it - which means I'm not in it to simply to get a job done- I need to find meaning in what I do - as he calls it a vocation.

That was Session2 - it was a deep and profounding session.
I haven't stopped replaying the session in my mind and connecting the dots and answering the pocket of holes of Who Am I? What drives me? Why do I see life as a journey? Why is 99.5% never good enough for me? Why do I see everything in grey and not black/white? And if I ended up with lemons in life, why is my intial instinct to make lemonade from the lemons?

Life has become a series of errands and chores;
we all need to take a moment to realise what are we are trying to achieve, what is my passion in life, and always a resounding voice to ask....
What type of footprint you would like to leave in the world...

2 Comments:

At Sunday, October 22, 2006 3:55:00 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

Hmm very interesting about what you learn about yourself at these things. I can't say I have ever been to one of those thingys.

Do you have some more sessions to go? I am sure it will help in your personal life as well what you need to prioritise etc.

 
At Tuesday, October 24, 2006 6:35:00 pm, Blogger Julia said...

Hey Rach - yes i do! I don't know how long it goes for. But occassionally, I do feel like I'm in a room with a shrink, just like Ally McBeal with hers to talk about her life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home